Rail commuters can now use a mobile app to obtain tickets in the unreserved category as the Indian Railways takes forward its initiative for paperless ticketing.
Paperless Un-Reserved Ticket through Mobile Application for entire Chennai sub-urban area, Mumbai sub-urban over Churchgate to Dahanu Road section and New Delhi to Palwal section of Northern Railway has been launched
UTS, is now available via the Google Play store. It has been developed by the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS). Having booked a ticket using the app, a commuter need not take a print-out of the same and can show its soft copy on the cellphone to the TTE.
Apart from being a green initiative, the paperless ticketing system is also aimed at saving time for passengers as it allows them to avoid lining up at the ticket window.
UTS APP customer care toll free Number : CRIS Indian Railway
– 7045033646 (for Mumbai users)
– 9840931998 (for Chennai users)
– 011-23361955 (for Delhi users)
Official Website : https://www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in/
Download UTS APP
Andriod : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cris.utsmobile&hl=en
Windows Phone : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/uts/9nblggh084b2
Iphone : https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/uts-mobile/id875636552?mt=8
Here is how you can use UTS app:
1. As per the plan, a traveller can download the app from the Google Appstore for Android-based mobile phones.
2. After the download, the user will get a registration ID number for creation of a railway e-wallet.
3. Money for buying tickets will have to be loaded through the e-walletmobile payment system either online or at a ticket counter at any station.
4. Passengers have the option of topping up the e-wallet at ticket counters or on the IRCTC website using a credit or debit card.
5. Having booked a ticket using the App, a commuter needs not take a print-out of the same and he can show its soft copy on the cellphone to the TTE.
6. Besides booking tickets, season tickets can also be renewed using the app.
7. The passenger has to use the ticket within an hour of booking the ticket as per the policy of suburban sections.
8. The ticket will have distinct colour scheme everyday and it cannot be forwarded to another mobile, they said.
*Passengers have the option of topping up the e-wallet at ticket counters or on the IRCTC website using a credit or debit card,