What to do if you lost an item in an Uber
If you lost an item in an Uber, you can contact your driver to see if the item is still in their car. If your driver has the item, you can coordinate a time and a place to get the item back.
How to Contact Uber driver about a lost item
The best way to retrieve an item you may have left in a vehicle is to call the driver. Here’s how:
1. Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
If you lost your personal phone, enter a friend’s phone number instead.
2. We’ll call the number you enter to connect you directly with your driver’s mobile number.
If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.
If your driver doesn’t pick up, leave a detailed voicemail describing your item and the best way to contact you.
Please be considerate that your driver’s personal schedule will be affected by taking time out to return your item to you.
Steps to contact your Uber driver about a lost item:
- Go to help.uber.com and log in
- Under “Trips Issues and Refunds,” find the ride where you lost the item
- Select “I lost an item”
- Enter your phone number
- Uber will call you and connect you to your driver
- If the driver picks up their phone or responds to your phone message, you can coordinate a time and place to pick up your item
- If the driver doesn’t pick up or quickly respond, try the steps above again in a few hours
If your ride has just ended, find the text notification notifying you that your driver arrived and call that number. It will only put you in touch with your driver if it hasn’t been long since your ride ended.
If you couldn’t reach your uber driver about a lost item
Calling your driver to connect is the best way to retrieve an item you may have left in a vehicle. If you have not tried contacting your driver directly, head back and select “Contact my driver about a lost item”.
If more than 24 hours have passed since your trip ended and you’re still unable to connect with your driver, we’ll step in to help. Please share some details below.
Drivers are independent contractors. Neither Uber nor drivers are responsible for the items left in a vehicle after a trip ends. We’re here to help, but cannot guarantee that a driver has your item or can immediately deliver it to you.