If you are a victim, you can file a complaint directly to the cyber cell or call 100.
First, collect all the relevant details. Get copies of the Ads by the Job Consultancy, your visit details to their office. Who were present there and who talked to you. Their Names and other details etc.
In these days With many Job Consultancies Growing like mushrooms in the city, it becomes pretty difficult to identify which one is genuine and which one is a fraud consultancy.
Before you approach a Job Consultancy:
- Check if it is registered. Any registered job consultancy will have a CIN certificate ideally put up inside, usually at the reception in the form of a photo frame. The certificate will have a CIN number. Note it down which can be checked against CIN database on MCA government website – http://www.mca.gov.in/mcafoportal/findCIN.do if the consultancy or a company isn’t displaying such CIN certificate for public view in its premises, be alert about such consultancies or companies.
- Check if the job consultancy has a registered website. Any genuine company would ideally provide it’s information in About section or page, would have CIN details and contact details, etc. Verify them.
- Check if the job consultancy which claims to provide jobs in XXX companies has any tie-ups with those XXX companies. Usually reputed MNCs don’t encourage job consultancies as they would have their own websites inviting job applicants. If in case any MNC is taking assistance of a job consultancy for recruitment of applicants, find out the name, email address and contact details of the HR employee from such MNC or company so you can reach out to them via email to confirm about the job consultancy. Please use “email” not phone to have officially recorded proof of conversation with the company official.
- No genuine job consultancy will ask you to pay any money. Job consultancies usually get a commission from the companies directly for entrusting the responsibility for recruiting the applicants. So if any job consultancy asks you to pay money, watch out. Don’t fall into their trap. Many youngsters often fail to understand this and have lost lots of money. We keep hearing this in news almost daily.
Did they ask you to pay? If Yes, who demanded it, and if paid how much and how you Paid it. What assurances or promises they offered you before or after you paid for their demands about the Job you wanted. Did anyone else with a similar complaint meet you? details about it. If you have these details, the Police will file your complaint and act against the Job Consultant and all others responsible for it.
How to Complaint an online recruitment scam?
1. File a complaint with the India Cyber Crime Cell to trace the IP address from which you received the scam email.
2. Submit a Customer Dispute Resolution Form with the Bank from where you have transferred the money.
3. Make a complaint to the Bank in which the Scammer has a bank account, where you have transferred the money.
4. File a complaint before the Adjudicating Officer, Information Technology Act, 2000 against the Bank where the scammer’s bank account is functional, along with making the IP address a party so that the Court orders a tracing of the address.
5. The court will further conduct an inquiry into your complaint and the matter will be heard and decided within a period of 6 to 9 months.
Just remember – “No company” or its officials or job consultancies will ever ask “you” to pay money for the job. If it does, it’s a fraud company/job consultancy. Simple and Straightforward.