Vishing is one such attempt where fraudsters try to seek your personal information like Customer ID, Net Banking password, ATM PIN, OTP, Card expiry date, CVV etc. through a phone call.
How do fraudsters/Scammers operate?
The fraudster poses as an employee from the bank or a Government / Financial institution and ask customers for their personal information.
They cite varied reasons as to why they need this information. For e.g. reactivation of account, encashing of reward points, sending a new card etc.
These details thus obtained are then used to conduct fraudulent activities/ transactions on the customer’s account without their knowledge.
Scam/Fake call complaint Hotline number
- to immediately block all those numbers from your own phone. This is the best, cheapest and most peaceful way to ignore such kinds of fraudulent calls, or
- rush to a nearest local police authority with a written complaint about this incident, or
- contact your bank and bank’s nodal officer with a written complaint to avoid any mishap, or
- call Indian Cyber Crime Phone Number : 1800 209 6789; register your complaint and follow up the same. Here is a link for detailed information https://cybercrime.gov.in
- Go through the RBI website to find your nearest nodal agency to lodge your complaint.
- Be in touch to get the latest cybercrime safety tips from Ministry of Home Affairs on the twitter handle @CyberDost.
How to protect yourself from Vishing?
Never share any personal information like Customer ID, ATM PIN, OTP etc. over the phone, SMS or email.
What is Vishing?
many victims of vishing are people who are not tech-savvy
How fraudsters can trap you
1. UPI Payments frauds (Deceptive UPI handles)
3. Phishing scams
4. Remote screen mirroring tool
5. Scams using your OTP, UPI PIN
6. new phishing scam used e-SIMs
Please post in Comment If you get a fraudulent call from any Number…
fraudulent calls reporting
fake call complaint number in india
fake call complaint helpline number
fake call complaint to police
report the call
fake bank calls complaint india
how do i report a suspicious phone call?
international fake call complaint number
ftc complaint status