Echo Wi-Fi Issues
Echo device can’t connect to Wi-Fi or has intermittent connectivity issues.
Try the following steps to resolve Wi-Fi issues:
- Make sure that your Echo device is within range of your wireless router and has a good connection.
- Check that your Echo device is away from any devices that cause interference (such as microwaves, baby monitors, or other electronic devices).
- Make sure that you have the correct Wi-Fi password. If your Wi-Fi password recently changed, update your Echo device’s Wi-Fi settings.
- If you have several devices connected to your Wi-Fi network, try removing some of them to reduce congestion.
- If you have a dual-band router: The network name (or SSID) is different for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band. If using a 2.4 GHz network, channels 1, 6, and 11 are the best channels to use with your Echo device.
- Connect your Echo device to the 5 GHz band of your router (if available).
- Restart your Echo device and your Internet router and/or modem.