DigiLocker will minimise the use of physical documents and provide authenticity to e-documents. It will provide secure access to government-issued documents and reduce administrative overhead of government departments and agencies, making it easier for the residents to receive services.
- DigiLocker Customer Care
- Frequently Asked Questions about DigiLocker Customer Care
- Q. What are the benefits of using DigiLocker?
- Q. I forgot my password but when I go to forgot username/ forgot password link and enter my Aadhaar number I am getting error “You are not a registered user”.
- Q. How can I change the information displayed (like email, mobile etc) in my Aadhaar profile on DigiLocker?
- Q. I have forgotten my DigiLocker username/password. What should I do?
DigiLocker Customer Care
National E-Governance Division,
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
4th Floor, Electronics Niketan,
6, CGO Complex,
New Delhi – 110003
Frequently Asked Questions about DigiLocker Customer Care
Q. How can I sign up for DigiLocker?
Your mobile number will be authenticated by sending an OTP (one-time password) followed by selecting a username & password. This will create your DigiLocker account.
After your DigiLocker account is successfully created, you can voluntarily provide your Aadhaar number (issued by UIDAI) to avail additional services.
Q. What are the benefits of using DigiLocker?
- Citizens can access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online. This is convenient and time saving.
- It reduces the administrative overhead of Government departments by minimizing the use of paper.
- Digital Locker makes it easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers.
Ans. The information displayed in your Aadhaar profile in your DigiLocker account (like name, address, email, mobile etc) is for display purposes. This data is only fetched from UIDAI and it is not possible to make any changes to this data from DigiLocker. To make changes to your Aadhaar data, please visit your nearest Aadhaar enrolment center.To find more about enrolment centers, visit https://uidai.gov.in/update-your-aadhaar-data.html