Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or National Health Protection Scheme or Modicare is a centrally sponsored scheme launched in 2018, under the Ayushman Bharat Mission of MoHFW for a New India -2022.
Ayushman Bharat eligibility
• The scheme will target poor, deprived rural families and identified the occupational category of urban workers’ families, 8.03 crore in rural and 2.33 crore in urban areas, as per the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data.
• In addition, the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY) beneficiaries in states where it is active are also included. • There is no cap on family size and age in the scheme, ensuring that nobody is left out.
How can one enroll to the scheme
• One would only need to establish one’s identity to avail benefits under the scheme and it could be through Aadhaar card or election ID card or ration card.
• Having an Aadhaar card is not mandatory to avail the scheme’s benefit.
• In case of hospitalisation, members of the beneficiary families do not need to pay anything under the scheme, provided one goes to a government or an empanelled private hospital.
How to avail benefits
• Each empanelled hospital will have an ‘Ayushman Mitra’ to assist patients and will coordinate with beneficiaries and the hospital.
• They will run a help desk, check documents to verify the eligibility and enrolment to the scheme.
• Also, all the beneficiaries will be given letters having QR codes which will be scanned and a demographic authentication conducted for identification and to verify his or her eligibility to avail the benefits of the scheme.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Helpline
• The National Health Agency (NHA), the apex body implementing the AB-NHPM has launched a website and a helpline number to help prospective beneficiaries check if their name is there in the final list.
• One can visit the website mera.pmjay.gov.in or call up the helpline (14555) to check their enrolment.
• A beneficiary needs to key in his or her mobile number, which is verified through an OTP and then complete the KYC (know your customer) online without any need for human interface with other documents.
• They can also call the helpline number to check their enrolment.