- E Challan Payment
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Objective Of E-challan
- Method to Determine Ethe Challan’s Status
- E- Challan Payment Mode
- Procedure To Check Pending Transaction Details
- What happens If you don’t make the challan or traffic fees?
- I received an incorrect electronic-challan
E Challan Payment
Before we discuss the status of e-challan it is essential to understand what is e-challan? The challan is a type of payment that residents of the country are required to pay for if they violate any traffic rule in accordance with the guidelines of the traffic department. Currently, this payment has to be paid by people in certain places, however as technology improves, and the country’s government becomes more advanced, India has created an online challan payment site called “E-Challan E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution”.
What is E-Challan?
Key Points Of E Challan Status
|Article on||E Challan Status|
|Portal’s name||E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution|
|It was released by||Government of India|
|The launch was scheduled to||Citizens of the United States|
Objective Of E-challan
The Government of India wants to simplify the payment Challan process more efficient and less stressful for the citizens of India. The residents of India who have to pay for challan must visit the appropriate office and stand in line for a long time at the front of the office in order to pay the fee. With the introduction of this electronic challan system, once it will be introduced, this filing of fines will be much easier for those who pay.
Method to Determine Ethe Challan’s Status
Candidates must adhere to the additional steps to verify the status of their e-challan:
- To verify the status of the e-challan applicants must visit the official websiteof E-Challan, a Digital Transportation Enforcement Solution for Traffic
- On the homepage of the site, you have to click on the ” check challan status” option on the bar menu.
- A new page on the internet will show up on your screen, where you must select “Challan Number” or “vehicle Number” or “DL Number”
- After that, you must enter the desired information and then enter the captcha code. will be displayed on screen
- Click “get more details” option, and your information regarding your challan will be displayed on the screen
The Second Step
- Now then click”Pay Now option.
- Then select your preferred option to pay the challan fee.
- Following the successful transaction, you can generate the Challan Receipt on the internet.
E- Challan Payment Mode
The challan holders can be paid offline or online modes. These are the steps to follow in order to deposit your the challan
There are two methods to pay the traffic policethe online mode of challan. The first one is via the official department’s website, and the other is through the online payment system.
- To pay the challan, you have to visit the website for the Traffic Police department of your state.
- Select the e-challan option in the section Services
- Click on it, and the new page will open on the screen.
- Enter the vehicle’s registration number or challan (Notice that you were given)
- Click on the search detail button and the information related to your challan will be displayed.
- Pay the option by clicking on pay and then make the payment using credit or debit card.
- Launch your Paytm mobile application or go to the website of Paytm
- After that, you must select the next option
- Then , go to the other services section.
- Choose the “challan” option.
- Choose the name of the traffic authority.
- Enter challan number
- Select “proceed” and then make the payment of the challan.
You must visit your nearest station of police in order to pay for the challan in an offline method.
E-Challan’s Core Benefits
A few of the main advantages of the e-challan process are highlighted on the list below of benefits:
- The efficient use of discovery in providing a simple, efficient and broad-ranging security framework for traffic.
- It will allow for all over the country information sharing and will lead to better traffic control and security on the streets.
- The framework is designed to provide an answer to the problems that the divisions of vehicles are facing for, such as the issue of traffic challans and traffic the back-end of records, monitoring the history of offences, instalments, reports, etc.
- Connecting all partners via an standardized framework that is ensuring that information integrity, reliability and simpleness.
- Beginning to end the roboticization of the process will ensure efficiency at all levels of customers.
- The complete digitization and recording of records can assist in increasing the accessibility of the guilty party, types of crimes that are often committed to instalments that are not paid on time and so on.
- Reducing time and efforts of residents to make installments or following-up actions that they have to complete following the receipt of a the challan
- Reducing the chance of revenue misfortune and upgrading simpleness
- Continuously providing Road Safety utilization reports to the State and Federal Governments of the Ministry for data-driven decision-making.
- A simple and efficient challan selection to Transport Enforcement Officers and Traffic Police officials
- No duplicates or fake Challans
- Instalments of Challans online via residents “whenever and anywhere”
- The removal of a court will be reported directly on the resident/department’s page. It will reduce the number of effort and time for office and resident authorities.
- Any transfer of the vehicle or permit could be halted by RTO in the event of the occurrence of a challan that is pending.
- Then, the punishment is handed to the guilty owner in all states in which the challan has been issued. This will stop the revenue loss for States.
Procedure To Check Pending Transaction Details
- To begin, you must visit first the Official websiteof EChallan. Challan
- Your home page should be displayed right in front of your eyes.
- On the home page you will be required to select the check for pending transactions
- The page will now be displayed in front of you, where it is necessary to enter your challan number, or your vehicle number.
- You must now click on the Get Details button.
- Details of the pending transaction will be visible on your computer screen
Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill 2019 Penalty Changes
|Kind of Offense||Penalties (INR)|
|General Offense||1st time 500, 2nd time 1500|
|Driving without a licence||5000 Rs|
|Driving an illegal vehicle without a license||5000 Rs|
|Vehicles that are speeding over||For LMV From 1000-2000|
|Medium-sized passenger or Goods Vehicle: 2000-4000 The second time, confiscation of the driving licenses will be a possibility.|
|Disgust Driving of Vehicles||1. Police custody from 6 months to one year, and/or a penalty of between 1000 and 5000 dollars. 2nd Time Police Custody for 6 months to one year, or a penalty of between 1000 and 5000.|
|Driving while intoxicated||First Time: Custody in the Police of up to 6 months with a penalty of 10,000. 2nd Time: Imprisonment up to 2 years or a fine of 15,000|
|Driving without insurance||First Time: Custody in the Police of up to 3 months, or penalty of the year 2000 2nd Time: Imprisonment three months or a penalty of 2000.|
|Seat Belt Violation||1000|
|Helmet Wearing Violation||1000|
|Do not allow emergency Vehicle||A 6-month sentence of imprisonment or a fine of 10,000|
|Penalties for Accidental Relative Penalties||1st Time: Imprisonment for maximum 6 months or a penalty of 5000. 2nd Time: Imprisonment 1 year or a fine of up to INR 10,000|
The following are the enablers of e-challans that have been announced by the relevant officials of the government:
- government Process The reengineering of theeChallan framework envisions a complete shift of tasks for traffic authorization from a largely manual process to an enhanced and innovative process. The new method is more effective, expansive simple and easy to utilize. The procedure for challan issue and denial is scheduled to be carried out at a mechanical level.
- Capacity Building Hand-holding and extensive preparation to all operational personnel of the Division (Transport Traffic Police/Enforcement) given when using. All the time, full assistance is provided by the NIC the bolster group.
- State-wise, office astute customization- eChallan is a conventional application/application which can be utilized by all states. In any case, every single fundamental setup, customizations and extra upgrades are dealt with and incorporated into the framework according to the prerequisites of the state/division, so as to meet explicit acts/rules/forms/positions/conventions and so on.
The digital method of challan receiving and giving is an excellent procedure. Some of the valuable indicators of the process are as follows:
- eChallan framework was created through an ongoing process of education, adjustments and improvements.
- The web pages are getting more impressive and extravagant in terms of the features, functions and security.
- Instalment of Challans can be facilitated via various methods such as online payment, PoS put together instalment and in relation to the spot and via the gateway.
- The concerned resident is naturally made a partner with the goal that he/she can make challan instalments through computerized mode or development/complaint choices and so forth by signing into the entry.
- The framework has provided the assistance in two languages (Hindi in addition to English) from now on.
- Without further ado states-explicit customization of language options will be made as per the specifications received from the customers.
What happens If you don’t make the challan or traffic fees?
If you fail to pay the challan for traffic, and you fail to pay, you’ll be faced with penalties legal. A summons will be issued from the courts to your home address as the holder of your licence and then you will be summoned to the court and required to provide an explanation to the judge regarding violations of traffic laws. If you do not appear in the court within the time frame after being summoned and you don’t pay the traffic the challan, your driving license may be suspended. Remember to always pay the E-Challan.
I received an incorrect electronic-challan
You are aware that when you violate traffic laws and you violate traffic rules, then thanks to cameras, your vehicle’s registration number will be found and you will be required to pay the challan. Sometimes, due to an glitch in the technology, the cameras can’t read the vehicle’s registration number, and because that’s the reason why an e-mail to pay the challan has been delivered to the incorrect person. If you’ve received a payment the challan, and you’ve not broken any rules, by following the steps below, you can request to cancel the challan.
- If you’ve received incorrectly an email to pay for your challan, then call the number of the police traffic helpline and let them know of the error.
- You may also write an email to your traffic officers. After verification, the traffic police’s identity, they will revoke the challan.
- If you decide to cancel the challan, you do not have to pay any charges
- The traffic police also share an online format where a procedure has been established to file a complaint in the event that someone received a incorrect form of challan.
Fake Website that is part of E Challan
There are many fake websites online that are posing to the official website of the e-challan. It is important to note that it does not belong to the official site. It appears exactly like the official site. Be extremely cautious when processing payments. The fake website is using an almost identical URL to the official website . It looks similar to the official site of E Challan. We advise you to be cautious when making payments. You should take immediate actions against fake websites such as making payments and filing FIR.